Welcome to another episode of Youtube Income Challenge. This video is all about how to make good Youtube videos through right content creation methods. If you are new to this challenge, and want to participate, you can still submit your entry until 31st October 2014. As long as you submit your video responses to the previous posts you are in the challenge. To start from the beginning, watch this video.
Tip Of The Week
This week’s tip is all about content creation for your Youtube channel and your product.
Let’s take a look at what type of content is popular:
- PowerPoint or Keynote presentations
- presenting in front of a camera
Content Creation Method
Here’s my Content Creation Method to help you make great videos for your business.
- Step 1 is the Opener. This is where you need get your viewer’s attention. Statistics show that most videos are closed within the first 3 seconds of them starting. So to capture your viewer’s attention you need to do what we call a “Pattern Interrupt”. This is simply, something like “Inside this video you are going to discover about XYZ”. The goal is to get their attention and start getting them emotionally engaged.
- Step 2 is your branding. If you have an animated logo then this is where you show it. You can get one created professionally from Fiverr if you don’t have one. After your logo comes on then, you will want to position yourself as an expert, give the name of your company and what it does. This is what you can say: “Hi I’m Tyrone Shum, video marketing expert and you are watching Social Video Hub where you can learn how to generate more leads and customers from Youtube”.
- Step 3 is how you deliver your content. Here are 3 questions to ask when creating your content: Why? What? How? Let’s take for example the topic of How Do You Build A Website and answer these 3 questions: Why should you build a website? To market your business and for people to buy your products and services online. What website should you build? I recommend using WordPress for building your website and you can get hosting that includes this at WP Engine. How should you build a website? Here’s what you do, step 1, step 2, step 3, etc.. Now as mentioned, we want to create a product that you can sell as well. A smart way is to reuse the content you will be posting onto Youtube and package it into a product. The key thing is to provide the why, and what in your Youtube videos and to keep the “How” for your product. That way if your viewer wants to find out the step by step instructions, they can purchase your product and you can generate income from your videos.
- Step 4 is the Call To Action. Every video must have a strong call to action at the end of it. There’s no point making videos just for the sake of making videos. We must have a reason why you’re making this video. So at the end of each video, make sure you tell your viewers what it is you want them to do. Whether it is to subscribe to your Youtube channel or to visit your website to buy a product or service that you have.
- Step 5 is the Length of the video. The most important rule about online video is the shorter the videos, the better. I find videos that are about 2-3 minutes in length is optimal.
This Week’s Challenge
This week’s challenge is to create two videos using my Content Creation Method. The first video will be for Youtube and the second video will be packaged in a product. The difference is that the second video will have the “how” included in your content.
This episode was brought to you by Social Video Hub. If you want to learn a simple strategy on how you can generate over $25,000 in sales from one video, then visit Socialvideohub.com and subscribe to my weekly newsletter.